The SIDA Competition / SIDA CONCEPT 2018 Celebrates Outstanding Interior Designers and Interior Design / Architecture
Early Bird Registration & Submission dateline 15th October 2018.
Normal rate will apply from 16th October 2018. Closing date will be 31st December 2359hrs.
SIDA Competition / Concept 2018, an established interior design award once again brought to the global community by Society of Interior Designers (Singapore)
Organized by the Society of Interior Designers (Singapore), the Singapore Interior Design Awards Competition / Concept 2018 (SIDA Concept 2018) aims to recognize outstanding Interior Designers / Interior Architects / Designers.
SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 provides an international platform to showcase their proposed work (i.e. not-completed) or works that were not selected to be built or that are simply those that are speculative and suggestive of works that may get built in the future.
SIDA Concept 2018 celebrates the effort that goes into conceptualizing, developing and presenting the ideation of solutions actual or imagined.
Award Categories (12 Total) / 大奖类别:
1A. Residential (landed) – Private Houses, Villas, Terrace Houses etc.
1B. Residential (non landed) – Condo, Apartments etc.
1C. Residential (show flats) – Show unit etc.
2. Hospitality – Hotels, Service Apartments, Motels, Resorts etc.
3. Food & Beverages – Restaurants, Cafes, Pubs etc.
4. Rest & Relax – Clubhouses, Gyms, Theatres, Theme parks etc.
6. Retail – Shopping Centres, Departmental Stores, Retail Outlets, Shops, Pop up stores etc.
7. Exhibition – Museums, Developer Sales Offices, Galleries etc.
8A. Public (Institutions) – Places of Worship, Educational Institutions, Libraries, Community Centers, Consulates, Law Courts, Parliamentary Buildings etc.
8B. Public (Transport) – Airports, Bus Depots, Train Stations etc.
9. Installation – Exhibition Booths, Temporary Pop up stalls etc.
1A. 住宅（私有土地）- 私人住宅，别墅，联排住宅等
1B. 住宅（非私有土地）- 高层住宅，公寓等
2. 酒店 – 酒店，酒店服务式公寓，汽车旅馆，度假酒店等
3. 餐饮店 – 饭店，咖啡店，酒吧等
4. 休闲娱乐场所 – 会所，健身房，电影院，主题公园等
6. 零售店 – 购物商场，百货店，品牌零售集合店，商店，临时专卖店等
7. 展览类建筑 – 博物馆，售楼部，画廊等
8A. 公共空间（机构类）- 宗教机构建筑，教育机构建筑，医学机构建筑，图书馆，社区中心，领事馆，法院，议会大厦等
8B. 公共空间（运输类）- 机场，公共汽车站场，火车站等
9. 摊位设计 – 展位设计，临时展销摊位设计等
- PROJECT TITLE
- NAME OF DESIGNER(S) (in the team)
- NATIONALITY (of team leader)
- COMPANY NAME (and country)
- POSITION/DESIGNATION (of team leader)
- CONTACT NUMBERS (of team leader)
- EMAIL ADDRESS (of team leader)
- 8 images (3D perspectives and/or Visuals for “Proposed Works” or “Design Concepts”)
- Maximum dimensions 1200pixels x 2000pixels (each image)
- Minimum dimensions 622pixels x 412pixels (each image)
- Minimum resolution of 150dpi (each image)
- Format in ‘JPG’ or ‘TIFF’
- Floor Plans with scale bar in PDF format
- Maximum 300 words describing project concept and solutions proposed (submissions are to be in English only)
- An entry is considered valid only after submission fee is received
- SG$ 200 per entry for SIDS members
- SG$ 300 per entry for non SIDS members
Terms & Conditions for Participation
Entrants are required to fulfil the following requisites in order to participate in SIDA Competition / Concept 2018:
- Furnish fully completed entry submissions; and payment of all necessary fees
- Provide documentation and/or any related materials as may be requested by the Judging Committee during any stage of the judging process
- Permit use of images and information and/or provide the same for promotional efforts across all platforms as deemed necessary by the organiser
- Allow the entry to be exhibited during the stipulated dates as deemed necessary by the organiser
Disclosure of Information
The Singapore Interior Design Award Competition / Concept 2018 (SIDA Competition / Concept 2018) advocates the engagement of the general public in a purposeful manner in order to deepen their understanding of good interior design. This involves disseminating relevant information about the entries throughout the entire judging process; as well as featuring the projects on our online database, which will be publically accessible.
Unless marked with [ND], the organisers will disclose any and all information provided by the Entrants during their online registration. The organisers, Judging Committee and secretariat are obliged to strictly adhere to the code of confidentiality for non-disclosed information, which will be used in consideration for screening purposes only.
The copyright for all entries, images and information belong to the respective Entrants and shall only be used by the organisers for promotional and marketing activities of SIDA Competition / Concept 2018.
Disclosure of Screening Results
Screening results will be released through the SIDA website, along with the Judging Committee’s rationale for awarding the respective entries. Any requests for the disclosure of individual screening results before the official announcement is made will be denied. The organizer may delay the announcement of the results due to at their own discretion.
Protection of Intellectual Property (IP) Rights
(a) Usage of Personal and Corporate Information
The utilisation of both private and corporate information provided by the Entrant shall be limited to what is necessary in order to operate SIDA Competition / Concept 2018’s awarding system. It is hereby stipulated and agreed upon by and between the organiser and the Entrants that this information has received the consent of Entrants and all concerned parties for this purpose.
(b) Usage of Information of Successful Applications
All Entrants retain full copyright to the information and related materials provided for the entries submitted, of which usage by the organisers shall be limited to the extent necessary for the judging process, screening process and public release for marketing and promotional purposes.
It is hereby stipulated and agreed upon by and between the organiser and the Entrants that this information has received the consent of the Entrants and all concerned parties for this purpose.
With regard to entries awarded by SIDA Competition / Concept 2018, the organiser is hereby granted permission to use the information provided for publication on the website, to the extent necessary for promotional activities of the Award. This shall include reasonable modifications made to the information provided to suit formatting requirements as needed. Please refer to the website of the Intellectual Property of Singapore (IPOS) for more information regarding IP rights.
Declaration of Intellectual Property Rights Indemnity Clause
Entrants covenants and agrees to hold Society of Interior Designers (Singapore) or (SIDS); the organisers, operators, and managers of SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 and the respective officers, agents, and employees of each (hereafter collectively referred to as “SIDA Concept 2017 Management “) harmless from any and all claims of liability, damage, intellectual property infringement or expense arising from any injury to or death of any person, including the Entrant’s employees, agents, or contractors or any loss of, damage to, or theft of any property, including the Entrant’s.
An omission of Entrant shall include any failure of the Entrant to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement; any rules and regulations of SIDA Competition / Concept 2018; and any laws of the Republic of Singapore. Entrants agree to indemnify all members of the SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 Management of any and all expenses, attorneys’ fees, and any judgments awarded or settlement amounts agreed to. Entrants also agree that SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 Management is not responsible for any loss, damage, or theft of or to any property of anyone, including the Entrants and its employees, agents or contractors, while in transit.
The organiser shall bear no liability concerning any disputes and conflict arising between the Entrants and other third parties in connection with application for or receipt of SIDA Competition / Concept 2018.
Disqualification, Revocation and Suspension
SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 Management has the right to disqualify and revoke the Award from an entry under consideration and/or awarded entry should the following occur:
- The entry is deemed socially detrimental due to its functional defectiveness
- The entry is publicly recognised as having infringed the intellectual property rights of another party
- The entry has not adhered to the specifications stipulated in the SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 Usage Guidelines without the written consent of the organiser
- Fees for the entry have not been duly paid (prior to submission of the entry).
Disqualification and revocation will result in a public renouncement of the entry and its subsequent removal from the website and all future collateral and promotional materials.
SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 Application for Withdrawal of Entry
Entrants who wish to pull their entries out of SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 may do so 1 week before the stipulated submission deadline, i.e. by 23 December 2108 at 23:59 hours (closing date 31 December 2018 at 23:59 hours). Entrants are required to notify the organiser either via email, along with the reason of withdrawal. All Entry Fee(s) paid is(are) non-refundable.
Please note that after 31 December 2018 at 23:59 hours, any requests for withdrawal will not be accepted.
Rights of Usage
Only Award Winners are eligible to apply for the usage of SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 material for their own use. All representatives associated with the award winners (i.e. sales and marketing agencies, media partners) and other third parties may only apply to use SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 materials as the official representatives of the Award Winners and with their explicit consent. In this instance, the Permission for SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 Material Usage certificate will be issued directly to the award winners and no further application procedures will be necessary. Consultation with the organiser is advised in cases where:
- A distributor or sales agent not affiliated with the award winner (or its representatives as described above) wishes to use the SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 logo as part of its sales and marketing campaign.
- A media organisation not affiliated with the award winner (or its representatives as described above) wishes to use the SIDA Competition / Concept 2018 logo in a description of an award-winning product.